Southampton midfielder insists that despite being in final year of his contract, his focus remains on his performances.
Cork, 25, was linked with summer transfers to Crystal Palace, Swansea City and West Bromwich Albion, but remains committed to Southampton despite remaining in the dark over his future.
The midfielder was in a trio of first team stalwarts from last season to be entering the final year of his contract at St. Mary's as preseason began. The others being Artur Boruc and José Fonte.
Boruc has voiced his intention to leave, following the arrival of Fraser Forster, something Ronald Koeman has accepted.
Fonte, however, has already signed a new three-year deal that saw him named as Southampton captain.
Cork remains in limbo.
A first Premier League start against Newcastle United last weekend saw the midfielder draw more plaudits, before receiving a standing ovation on his departure, a mark of his popularity amongst Saints fans.
His performances and professionalism have not gone unnoticed by Southampton boss Koeman, who has previously indicated that a contract is in the offing if Cork continues to impress.
"There has not been anything said, I've not said anything yet," Cork said, as per the Southern Daily Echo.
"I would like to see how many games I can play, see if I can do well, and see what happens after that."
"Obviously [leaving at the end of your deal] does cross people's minds, but this is a club I have been at for four years."
"Everyone is settled here and obviously it is nice to feel like you are wanted somewhere, so it would be nice, but we'll see what happens."
In a press conference on August 29, Koeman told the press that Cork's long-term future at Southampton was uncertain whilst ruling out a move in the summer window, but that nothing had been ruled out with regard to a new deal.
"He is still a player of Southampton and he will stay. He needs to be training and playing like he is doing now to earn a new deal."