All the latest Chelsea news including Cesar Azpilicueta signing a five year deal, new boy Loic Remy's comments, Gary Cahill on England and more…
While Chelsea were quiet on deadline day, the Stamford Bridge outfit were certainly noisy in the weeks and months that preceded it.
Jose Mourinho completed what is arguably the best transfer business as the Portuguese rectified a problem area - centre forward - by overhauling the previously existing striking roster and bringing in a fresh front-line consisting of Didier Drogba, Diego Costa and Loic Remy.
The latter has spoken out over the competition for places in West London but has vowed that whenever he is afforded a first-team opportunity, he will be determined to ensure he does enough to warrant another.
"We have two great strikers here already and I don't have a choice if I want to be in the team - I have to play at a very high level," he said.
On what it is like to work with Mourinho, Remy added: "I spoke with him. He is very clever and he knows exactly what he wants. He has targets for me and I know I have a target for myself as well.
"Everybody wants the best so the discussion was really good. I know he can get the best out of a player and I'm looking forward to working with him."
Remy joined Francesc Fabregas as a summer recruit, and the latter intriguingly posted a message on social media that implies he was tasked with competing through the pain barrier at Barcelona - for an astonishing eight months!
He said on Instagram: "After 8 months of groin injury, on Saturday [the 6-3 win over Everton] I played my first game without pain."
Sticking with social media and Petr Cech announced on Twitter that he was delighted to not have been a deadline day transfer: "Blue is the colour… it hasn't changed," he said.
Elsewhere, Chelsea have decided to increase the terms of full back Cesar Azpilicueta's contract as the Spaniard has committed to a new five-year deal.
And finally, the England national football team were one of the first countries to be eliminated from the FIFA World Cup tournament contested earlier this summer - and the manner in which The Three Lions exited Brazil proved tough for Chelsea stopper Gary Cahill to deal with: “It was one of the worst feelings of my career in the summer,” he told the London Evening Standard.
“It was a long summer mentally for me really, and I’m sure it was the same for the other lads to get over that. But you have to get over it. It was very raw over the first few weeks but it is time to move on.”
Concluding, he called for 'bounce-back-ability': "I had to get my mind focused on Chelsea and what’s going to be a huge season, not just for club but hopefully for country.
“We have some important games and we have to bounce back from that summer disappointment.”