33-year-old Alonso has been strongly linked with a move away from Ferrari, who have consistently failed to produce a title-challenging car for the Spaniard. Alonso remains one of the highest-rated drivers in the sport, and is believed to have attracted attention from McLaren and their new engine partners Honda.
Speaking to Sky Sports, the two-time World Champion refuted rumours he was on the move for 2015. However Alonso's choice of language has changed significantly: previously, the Spaniard said he would finish his career at Ferrari, but his latest comments suggest he is eyeing alternative options.
"It's not my intention at the moment to move," said Alonso. "I want to win here and finish the job that we start some years ago.
“There has been a lot of talk since last summer but from my mouth there never came any interest to leave Ferrari or any words saying l would join another team.
"There was a lot of speculation, which is not disturbing, but it created a little bit of tension and stress. Yet you also feel happy and proud that the best teams have an interest in you,” added Alonso.
Team boss Marco Mattiacci has confirmed that both Alonso and team-mate Kimi Raikkonen will remain at the Scuderia for 2015.
However, German publication Auto Motor und Sport believes that Alonso's contract contains a break clause allowing the Spaniard to move on if he is not within 25 points of the championship leader on September 1. Alonso currently trails Nico Rosberg by 99 points, meaning that if the report is true Alonso is now free to seek a move.