CD Projekt Red announce Wild Hunt will come with an embedded card game and also what goodies are available with The Xbox One Collector’s Edition
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt will come with the card game Gwent available to play in-game across all platform releases, it’s been announced.
“Invented by dwarves and perfected over centuries of tavern table play, Gwent is a game of initial simplicity and ultimate depth, something beloved by both road-weary travelers during long nights around the campfire and elegant nobles looking to liven up dragging dinner parties.” reads the announcement blurb. “The game is about the clash of two armies locked in mortal struggle on a battlefield where the players are the leaders and the cards their forces. With four different factions offering unique combat styles and endless paths to victory, Gwent is every adventurer’s first choice when it comes to one-on-one card-based dueling.”
Gwent will feature the following:
- Over 150 unique playing cards
- 4 distinct factions: the mighty and cunning Nilfgaardian Empire, the brave Northern Realms and their siege weapons, the agile and devious Scoia’tael, and the brutal monsters of No Man’s Land.
- Powerful spells allow players to control the weather and affect units on the battlefield.
- An array of combat styles caters to individual playstyles: close range with heavy knights, long range with skilled archers or artillery with powerful siege weapons.
- Powerful hero cards, unique to each faction.
The studio has also revealed the prezzies to be bundled with the Xbox One Collector’s Edition of The Witcher 3, which include a physical copy of Gwent.
The Xbox One Collectors Edition will come with:
- The standard edition of the game, containing: the official soundtrack, a beautiful and detailed map of the in-game world, unique stickers, and the developer-created "Witcher Universe - The Compendium"
- A giant, 33x24x26 cm, 100% hand painted, Polystone figure of Geralt of Rivia battling a Griffin
- An exclusive, collector grade Witcher medallion
- A one of a kind SteelBook
- A two-hundred page artbook, containing breathtaking art from the game
- A cloth map of the game world
- Two Gwent card decks
- Huge outer and inner Collector’s Boxes you can store your Witcher merchandise in!
“Gwent is an amazing game and we're really happy to be able to bring it to the physical realm with Microsoft's help,” noted CD Projekt Red CEO Marcin Iwiñski. “Now we’ve got Gwent in every copy of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt as an in-game experience for free on every platform, and a physical version in the Xbox One CE, how awesome is that?”
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt is currently set to launch on 24th February on PC, Xbox One and PS4.
MTG and Hearthstone take heed!