The competition starts today in the US with a European contest due in a few weeks.
In their announcement the developers note, “We’ve also seen a steady stream of great Photo Mode shots fill up our Twitter feed, and that’s just scratching the surface of what is being shared on a daily basis.
“We seriously have no words how awesome all these contributions are – the creativity and quality of your images has gone way beyond our wildest expectations.
“Now we want to give a little back to recognize and celebrate all these awesome images we’ve been seeing… Starting TODAY at 12:00 PM PST, we are running a Photo Mode Contest for The Last of Us Remastered!”
Winning entries will be showered with prizes which include a poster sized image of your photo signed by the Naughty Dog development team, a Joel and Ellie statuette and a digital copy of The Art of the Last of Us by Dark Horse.
The details for entry are below
- You have to be following @Naughty_Dog on Twitter
- Send your entry photo to @Naughty_Dog using the hashtag #TLOUPhotoModeContest
- Your tweet must specify one category you are entering your photo into: There are three categories: Environmental, Action or Character
- You must use the “Share” button on your PS4
- You must be a legal resident in one of the 50 United States (excluding Arizona) or Washington, D.C.
- The Photo Mode contest starts on August 15, 2014, at 12:00 PM PST and ends on September 5, 2014, at 11:59 PM PST
While this competition is only running in the US, a European Photo Mode contest is said to follow in a few weeks.