Reports are claiming that Swansea City are close to signing Federico Fernandez, so what do their fans need to know about the player?
According to a Daily Mail report, Swansea are very close to securing the services of Napoli player Federico Fernandez.
The player is understood to be costing the Swans a fee in the region of £8 million, and with personal terms already agreed all that is left to complete is the player's work permit.
Having already lost Spanish centre back Chico Flores and full back Ben Davies this summer, the signing of Fernandez will be a huge boost for Gary Monk's side.
The Serie A player isn't very well known in the UK, so here are five facts about the man who looks set to being playing Premier League football next season:
1) Federico Fernandez stands at 6ft 3 and plays as a central defender for Napoli. He made only 18 appearances in the Italian league last season, mainly due to injury, but still helped Napoli finish third and qualify for the Champions League.
2) His first two Napoli goals came in a single match against European giants Bayern Munich. It was a Champions League group match in Munich and the German side ended up winning the tie 3-2.
3) Fernandez has experience of winning trophies; with Napoli he has won he Coppa Italia twice, once in the 2011/12 season and again last season.
4) The Argentinian is only 25-years-old, so considering centre-halfs don't usually peak until they reach their late 20's, Fernandez surely has his best years ahead of him.
5) He is a regular in the Argentina national side, representing his country 26 times. Fernandez played a part in Argentina's run up to the World Cup final, but didn't participate in the latter stages due to picking up an injury.