Italian media are reporting that Super Mario could set for a return to the Premier League, with Liverpool already in discussions regarding a transfer, but Brendan Rodgers has dismissed them.
Brendan Rodgers has dismissed claims the club are in talks to sign Mario Balotelli.
With Milan not in the Champions League, and Liverpool looking for a gifted individual to come in in place of Luis Suarez, a relatively cheap £14 million deal was said to be under discussion.
Yet at his press conference on Sunday evening, the Liverpool boss has dismissed the rumours.
He said: "I can categorically tell you, Mario Balotelli won't be at Liverpool.
"He's a wonderful player - an AC Milan player. He's at a great club. I just gave my perception on him as a player, so I don't think it should be transmitted into us signing the player."
Balotelli had a tougher season last year, his second term back in Serie A, but still managed 18 goals in 40 games for the Rossoneri.
His World Cup also started well, scoring the winner against England in Italy's opening game but then struggling to make any impact in their other two group games.
"He’s 6’3”, he’s quick, his touch is terrific, he can score goals and he’s still so young.
"I saw that in this time at Inter as a young player and obviously going to Manchester City when we had a real close eye on him there.’
"He’s a big talent."
There are few players more unpredictable than recently departed Uruguayan Suarez, but the 23-year-old Italian international is one that you could say may be even more of a live wire.