A selection of the latest transfer news and more involving Liverpool Football Club this Thursday morning.
Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers has said there is more transfer business to be done following their penalty shootout victory over Manchester City in New York, after the game finished 2-2 in normal time.
The Reds have made six signings so far this summer but it is said the Reds boss will want to add a striker and two new full-backs before the transfer window shuts at the start of September.
Rodgers is quoted by the club's official website, saying: "We still have some positions that we want to fill within the squad so that by the end of August we have a strong group of players to go forward with. We've still got some business to do."
Rodgers has also confirmed that one of the new signings in Dejan Lovren will not travel to the United States to link up with the rest of the squad because of Visa problems, and will remain at Melwood until the team returns.
Captain Steven Gerrard has revealed the club has yet to open contract talks with him despite the 34-year-old entering the last year of his deal.
Brendan Rodgers has said the club will talk to their skipper about a new deal. However, Gerrard has told the Liverpool Echo that he is relaxed about the situation at the moment.
He said: “I’m sure we will talk in the future but we will have to wait and see.
“I hope that I here for more than one year, of course I do. But it is all about this season for me.
“I can only speak with what I have got left on my contract here and that is another year. It could be my last season, I don’t know.