Tottenham latest: conflicting reports on Schneiderlin, McGee reflects on debut

Arsenal v Southampton 2012 Pregame with Schneiderlin

A selection of the latest stories involving Tottenham Hotspur this Wednesday evening.

There seems to be conflicting reports over the future of Tottenham target Morgan Schneiderlin

It was reported earlier on in the day by Sky Sports News that the French international had submitted an official transfer request at Southampton following an angry tweet which seemed to spell the end of his time at St Mary's.

Reports yesterday indicated that deal was close for both Schneiderlin and striker Jay Rodriguez to link up with former Southampton boss Mauricio Pochettino at White Hart Lane.

However, TalkSport has reported that no such request has been submitted from the 24-year-old midfielder.

Former Southampton chairman Rupert Lowe has also told TalkSport that the Saints will find it very difficult to keep hold of the midfielder.

He said: "At the end of the day, if a bigger club comes in for him most players see that as a promotion, a bigger salary, and it is very difficult to keep them.”

“The clubs don’t have the power they should have to control the situation. The power lies with the players since the Bosman [ruling] and also the managers."

Tottenham's youngsters have been speaking to the club's official website about their tour of North America. One of them is goalkeeper Luke McGee, who made his debut against Chicago Fire.

He said: “I was a bit nervous before I went on against Chicago but I didn’t do too badly. It was a good start for me.

“It’s great to get a debut but I have to kick on from here. I don’t just want to make one appearance, I want to continue to improve and to build from here.”

Register for TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR team updates

Register for HITC Sport - Daily Dispatch