Liverpool have made no secret of their status as the Champions League club once again this summer.
The Reds have spent lavishly to strengthen their position in the top four and brought in a number of highly sought after players to Anfield.
The likes of Adam Lallana, Dejan Lovren, Rickie Lambert, Lazar Markovic and Divock Origi have all joined Brendan Rodgers’ ranks this summer, with their summer spending showng no signs of slowing down.
However, there are two deals which have rather crept under the radar. Liverpool managed to bring in youngsters Kevin Stewart and Lawrence Vigouroux to little publicity.
The pair both joined from Tottenham Hotspur earlier in the transfer window and they will now be looking to make an impression at Anfield.
Here are five facts you need to know about Liverpool’s new duo.
1) Despite only being 5ft 7inch, Stewart is capable of playing right across the back-line and was often deployed as a centre-back in the Spurs youth-team
2) Stewart was sent on loan to Crewe last season. He made 14 appearances for the League One side, scoring once.
3) Stewart was bought to Liverpool because of his link to The Red’s under 21 coach, Alex Inglethorpe. Inglethorpe was part of the Spurs set-up previously and was obviously a fan of the 20-year-old.
4) Stewart tweeted that he had dreamed of singing for Liverpool since being a kid when his move to Anfield went through
5) Stewart was actually only picked up by Spurs when he was 16 and he failed to make a first-team appearance at White Hart Lane.
1) Vigouroux is a 20-year-old goalkeeper who was released by Spurs at the end of last season.
2) Prior to his Tottenham exit, he spent time on loan at Hyde in the Blue Square Premier. It wasn’t a particularly happy time for him, though, as he was unable to save them from the drop. He did manage to play well during his time there, however.
3) Vigouroux has made an appearance for the Chilean under-20 squad.
4) Spurs only signed Vigouroux in 2012 and, like Stewart, he failed to make a first-team appearance.
5) Vigouroux originally started life playing for Brentford before he got his move to Spurs.