Liverpool midfielder Sheyi Ojo scored two goals for the club’s under-20 side as they beat Club Brugges 4-0 on Saturday.
Ojo was joined on the score-sheet by Krisztian Adorjan and Cameron Brannagan, but following his recent goal-scoring exploits, what do Liverpool fans need to know about him?
Here are five facts about Ojo for those eager to find out more:
1) Ojo was born in Hemel Hempstead in 1997. He made headlines back in 2011 during his time at MK Dons. Widespread reports claimed Chelsea had clinched his signing, allegedly agreeing to pay £2million for the then-14-year-old. However, shortly after it was revealed that Liverpool had actually sealed a deal for the talented teenager.
2) At the time, Ojo was regarded as one of the most exciting young talents in the game, with the likes of Manchester United, Arsenal and Manchester City also said to be tracking him.
3) The midfielder has previously claimed that in the future he wants to be like Xavi, Andreas Iniesta and Cesc Fabregas.
4) Ojo made his debut for England’s under-16s in 2011. He has three caps at that level and an additional nine for England’s under-17s. He also has one goal for the latter age-group.
5) The player has featured mostly for Liverpool’s under-16 side since his move from MK Dons. However, he is being tipped to make waves in the higher age-groups in the future and went the right way about it with his brace on Saturday.