The Welsh club have looked to add some pace and firepower to their squad with the signing of Montero.
Swansea City have signed Ecuadorian World Cup winger Jefferson Montero from Mexican outfit Morelia.
Morelia joins the incoming Gylfi Sigurðsson as the clubs second signing of the week, and is set to add lighting pace and firepower to Garry Monk’s attack.
But what do we actually know about Montero? Here are five facts about Swansea’s new 24-year-old hot shot.
1. Jefferson is a key member of the Ecuador international side, where he plays alongside the likes of Antonio Valencia. He played in all three of his country’s group stage games at the World Cup this summer, as they posted a win, loss and draw to exit at the first hurdle.
2. The winger has faced Swansea City before, featuring against them for Real Betis in a pre-season friendly back in 2011.
3. Jefferson scored in the final of the Pan American games as a 17-year-old, as Ecuador beat Jamaica 2-1 to win the competition and secure the country’s first international football trophy.
4. The former Villarreal man scored for Morelia as they won the Apertura Copa MX final last November, continuing his knack of scoring in cup finals.
5. He is a popular choice with FIFA Ultimate Team gamers, with his 92% sprint speed and 91% acceleration. If his performances are anything like his game statistics, Swansea can expect some blistering runs down the wing this season.
So with plenty of pace, power and ability to score goals at important times, it looks as if Swansea have landed a nifty transfer signing.
Jefferson, in addition to Sigurdsson, joins Bafetimbi Gomis, Marvin Emnes and Stephen Kingsley as the Jacks other new recruits at the Liberty Stadium.