The Reds came agonisingly close to winning their first Premier League title last season, but Brendan Rodgers' side have already been dealt a huge blow with the departure of star striker Luis Suarez to Barcelona. Rodgers has move to sign Bayer Leverkusen midfielder Emre Can, Southampton duo Adam Lallana and Rickie Lambert, as well as Benfica winger Lazar Markovic.
QPR striker Loic Remy is on the verge of competing a move to Anfield too, giving Rodgers a number of attacking options despite the loss of Uruguayan international Suarez.
He's also pursuing Lille striker Origi after the 19-year-old impressed at the World Cup in Brazil this summer, and whilst the Reds are planning to send the youngster back to Lille on loan for the season, the father of the forward says that there is interest from elsewhere - but Liverpool still hold the upper hand.
"The deal isn't done yet. Liverpool is still the most concrete option," Mike Origi told Mediahuis. "There's another team that shows interest. We want to take a decision soon. On Monday, Divock is expected back at for their first training session. We would like to have everything wrapped before that day."
A whole host of clubs have been linked with Origi since Liverpool's interest was leaked earlier this month, with Borussia Dortmund and Premier League rivals Tottenham also monitoring his situation.
Liverpool reportedly remain confident of landing Origi this week, but having been beaten to the signings of Henrikh Mkhitaryan, Willian and Mohamed Salah in the last 12 months, there has to be some concern that the Reds could see one of their bids hijacked once again after Mike Origi's comments.