Tottenham Hotspur have been linked with a young Argentine ace, so what do their fans need to know about him?
Tottenham Hotspur are the latest club to be linked with attacking midfielder Manuel Lanzini.
At just 21, the player is highly-rated and reports in both Turkey and Spain have thrown a number of clubs’ names into the hypothetical hat that does the rounds at this time of year.
But if the links to Tottenham are true, here are five facts about the player Spurs fans may be interested in knowing:
1) Born in Argentina in 1993, Lanzini would go on to represent River Plate’s youth team from 2002 until 2010.
2) He has made 89 senior appearances for River Plate so far, scoring 13 goals and providing 14 assists in that time.
3) Lanzini previously enjoyed a loan spell at Brazilian side Fluminense, where he made 33 appearances, scoring three goals and setting up three more.
4) Predominantly an attacking midfielder, Lanzini can also operate on either flank when required. This flexibility is no doubt one of the reasons he is said to be attracting so many suitors. He also has an impressive disciplinary record, having never been sent off and receiving just nine bookings in 122 appearances.
5) Yet to win a full cap for Argentina, the 21-year-old has however played five times for the country’s under-20 team, during which time he has found the net twice.