A report from the Sunday People has claimed Liverpool are interested in Fiorentina goalkeeper Neto.
Brendan Rodgers is said to have turned his attention to the Brazilian after talks regarding a possible move for Swansea City’s Michel Vorm reportedly came to a halt.
It is being claimed the Liverpool manager wants the 25-year-old as competition for current number one Simon Mignolet. So for those Reds fans wanting to know a little more about their latest apparent target, here are five facts to get you started:
1) Norberto Murara Neto – or simply Neto for short – was born in Brazil in 1989. He began his senior career at Atletico Paranaense in 2009, having previously played for their youth team.
2) After 36 appearances for them – in which time he conceded 39 goals and kept 13 clean-sheets – he moved on to Fiorentina for a reported £3.8million.
3) He has made 62 appearances for the Italian club to date, conceding 67 goals and keeping 21 clean-sheets in that time.
4) Neto is yet to be selected for his senior national side. However he does have two caps for Brazil’s under-23 team.
5) He won an Olympic silver medal in 2012 and with just one year left on his current contract, he could be the perfect option for Liverpool at a relatively cheap price.