Leicester City have completed a deal for former Manchester United defender Louis Rowley on a one-year contract.
The move was announced on Friday, and saw the 19-year-old join his former United teammate Jack Barmby at the Foxes, where he will feature for the club’s development squad.
Following the move, here are five facts Leicester fans may not know about the young player.
1) Rowley originally played for Nuneaton before moving to United as a 15-year-old. He reportedly opted to move on from Old Trafford this summer despite being offered a new contract.
2) The teenager is predominantly a centre-back. However he can also operate at left-back when required.
3) That said, Leicester have got themselves a very versatile player, as he was also used as a defensive midfielder last season, as he helped United reach the final of the Under-21 Premier League.
4) Rowley made nine appearances for the under-21s last season and an additional four appearances in the UEFA Youth League.
5) He has an impressive disciplinary record, picking up just one caution last season, in a game against Real Sociedad in the Youth League. He also grabbed one assist in a 2-2 draw against Norwich City’s under-21s.