Following are five facts about the La Dea man to shed some light on what he brings to the table.
1. Bonaventura is a product of Atalanta’s heralded youth set-up, which down the years has produced talents the likes of Gaetano Scirea and Roberto Donadoni.
2. The 24-year-old is a winger by trade, but is a versatile character. Most comfortable on the left, Bonaventura is also able to take up his mantle in advanced positions on the right and has featured centrally as a trequartista as well at Atalanta.
3. A Juventus fan as a boy, Bonaventura has been most heavily linked with the Bianconeri’s fierce rivals Fiorentina this summer. His agent admitted in May that he’s already decided to leave Atalanta.
4. Bonaventura boasts 14 goals and nine assists in 98 career Serie A appearances, having made top flight debut in May 2008 as an 18-year-old.
5. The Italian made his senior international debut in May 2013, starting in a 4-0 friendly win over San Marino. It is his only appearance for the Azzurri to date.