Here are five facts about the full-back:
1) Stafylidis was involved in a Europa League tie that saw PAOK Thessaloniki beat Tottenham Hotspur. However, his contribution saw him sent off after he was adjudged to have cleared the ball off the line using his hand.
2) The 20-year-old fared better on his Superleague debut for PAOK, aged just 17, when he provided an assist after covering for his side's first-choice left-backs, who were both injured. His career has taken off ever since.
3) In the summer of 2012, Stafylidis starred during the U-19 European Championships, coming up against the likes of Jese Rodriguez. Those performances earned him a move to Bayer Leverkusen (although he was loaned back to PAOK for a season).
4) The full-back is a tough tackler. On his leg, he has a a tattoo of a bright yellow warning triangle containing a player slide tackling another.
On his defensive approach, he says: “I always want to give 100 per cent. And you have to go in hard sometimes."
5) Despite only being 20 years of age, Stafylidis has been capped by Greece's senior team - in a friendly against the Republic of Ireland.
That completed a full set for the defender, who has also appeared for his country at U-17, U-19, U-20 and U-21 levels.