With the transfer window open expect Chelsea's transfer business to accelerate.
Chelsea have already completed arguably the best deal of the summer, signing Cesc Fabregas from Barcelona.
And do not expect Jose Mourinho to stop there. There are a raft of players the club are linked with signing, crucially they need to add a big name up front, a key area of weakness last season.
There is one player who can clinch his move to Chelsea tomorrow, along with two who could follow, and two we have known about for a little while who will officially become part of the club's squad.
Here is a look at what fans can hope and expect:
Portuguese midfielder Tiago is expected to seal his return to Chelsea on a free transfer come July 1. The Atletico Madrid midfielder has reportedly told his club he will not renew, and Spanish newspaper AS reported last week he is 'almost a Chelsea player.' There are not thought to be any major obstacles preventing the 33-year-old from signing a two-year-deal, with him said to have been in regular contact with Jose Mourinho, who managed him at Chelsea earlier in his career.
Croatian midfielder Mario Pasalic is expected to seal his deal to Chelsea from Hadjuk Split, having reportedly agreed terms back in January. The Mail reported in April that Pasalic's deal is expected to be confirmed when the transfer window opens, and he could go back out on loan immediately. The 19-year-old was a surprise name in Croatia's preliminary World Cup squad.
Striker is the real position of need at Chelsea and Diego Costa is the most likely name to fill the void. The Spanish international was sensational last season for the La Liga champions, and recently admitted he is 'more Chelsea than Atletico.' Chelsea are yet to pay the striker's £32 million release clause however, claims Atletico's president, so this deal has the potential to continue to drag on. The opening of the transfer window however will speed it up, with it possible the clause can only be activated when the window opens.
The third player in the pipeline to move from Atletico Madrid, Filipe Luis is viewed as the replacement for Ashley Cole at left-back, and reason Chelsea did not pursue Luke Shaw. The situation is similar to Costa's with Luis even reported to have agreed terms on a five-year-deal, but the Blues are yet to match the Brazilian's €24 million release clause. It is not inconceivable Chelsea announce a triple deal from Atletico all at once if the deals are tied up.
Kurt Zouma has already been formally announced as a Chelsea player, but after being loaned back to Saint Etienne last season, can now look forward to joining up with the Blues. The centre-back will have an opportunity to stake his claim in pre-season for Chelsea, and hope to win a place in the squad next season and not be sent out on loan.