The 23-year-old missed Nigeria's final group game against Argentina with a muscle injury, but is back in training and should be fit to start in the first knockout round.
Although the Super Eagles were defeated 3-2 by Argentina, they advanced to the next round ahead of Iran and Bosnia-Herzegovina.
Moses is one of the few recognisable names in the squad that for the average Premier League fan. He will be crucial to his side's chances of overcoming France, who head into the game on the back of a near-perfect group stage where they notched two wins and a draw.
The Chelsea winger spent last year on loan at Liverpool but had a difficult season. He has been linked with a move to the Reds' Merseyside rivals Everton this summer.
This is the first time that Nigeria have qualified for the knockout stages of the World Cup since the nation's 'golden generation' did so in 1994. That squad featured big names such as Nwankwo Kanu and Jay Jay Okocha, but there are hopes that the 2014 side can go one better.
Nigeria's campaign started in controversial circumstances with a row over unpaid player bonuses that continues to this day. On Thursday, however, Nigerian president Goodluck Jonathan assured coach Stephen Keshi and captain Joseph Yobo that the players would be paid, averting a possible strike.
Keshi says his side are now focused on the difficult task at hand.
"Our mentality must be strong," he said. "Our approach to every match has always been the same - to win."
"Whether we are playing against Spain at the Confederations Cup or playing against Liberia in a friendly match, I always tell the boys that victory is non-negotiable."