Split down the middle - Fans vote on Suarez' Liverpool future

Suarez Liverpool 3

Fans have voted on whether they think Luis Suarez will still be a Liverpool player at the start of next season.

Fans are split down the middle over whether they think Luis Suarez will still be a Liverpool player at the start of next season.

In a poll on Goal.com, at the time of writing, 51.1% of fans to have voted believe that Suarez won’t be wearing a Liverpool shirt at the start of next season with the other 48.9% suggesting the club will stand by him.

The Uruguayan forward is in hot water today after biting Giorgio Chiellini in his country’s final World Cup group game in Brazil, which has led to calls from some supporters for the striker to be sold.

However, Suarez is a world class player and Liverpool’s most important component in an impressive attack.

There will be support for the club if they choose to keep him, rather than sell him to Real Madrid or Barcelona although with a potential ban on the horizon, it’s impossible to tell until FIFA makes a decision.

It’s a shame because his latest biting antics take attention away from a superb performance against England, which followed a great season where he nearly fired Liverpool to the Premier League title.

Liverpool are now faced with a big challenge over how to handle the incident once Uruguay are either knocked out of or win the World Cup but fortunately for Brendan Rodgers he has time to think and assess before he makes a call.

Register for LIVERPOOL team updates

Register for HITC Sport - Daily Dispatch