Last week, Lukaku drew the ire of Blues supporters when he suggested that the World Cup is his chance to earn a move away from Stamford Bridge this summer.
The 21-year-old is said to be less than thrilled with the London outfit’s pursuit of Diego Costa, seeing his path to a major role at Chelsea likely blocked by the Spain international.
There’s certainly no shortage of clubs willing to take the talented Belgian, who banged in 15 league goals on loan at Everton last term, off Jose Mourinho’s hands.
Roberto Martinez’s Toffees have made no secret of their desire to keep Lukaku at Goodison Park, with Atletico Madrid, Inter and Roma all keen to pry him away from the Premier League.
Serie A champions Juventus have entered the discussion as of late, their pursuit of Real Madrid’s Alvaro Morata stalling at present.
The Bianconeri seem dead set on adding one of Europe’s top youngsters to their attack, despite just having brought fruitful strike partners Carlos Tevez and Fernando Llorente last summer.
Lukaku certainly fits the bill for Antonio Conte and company, the striker looking most interested in taking his career to the next level as a protagonist at an illustrious club.
And the Belgium international admitted a sense of pride on Monday when quizzed by Sky Sport Italia on the Old Lady’s interest in him.
He said: “Juventus? It’s not the thing to talk about [at the World Cup], but of course I’m honoured by the interest of such a prestigious club.”
Lukuaku’s maiden World Cup adventure starts on Tuesday against Algeria, and the Chelsea man will have plenty of eyes judging his performance on football’s biggest stage.
He won’t lack motivation knowing the likes of Juventus are watching, as with his Blues future well and truly in doubt Lukaku will be desperate to prove he can flourish in the limelight.