Arsenal wrapped up a deal for Elias Chatzitheodoridis earlier this month, with the Greek star becoming Arsene Wenger’s first Arsenal signing of the summer.
Wenger is one of the best in the business when it comes to identifying young and talented prospects and he deserves credit for getting the 17-year-old defender committed to a long term deal.
Here’s a little more about the latest addition to the Arsenal family.
1) His primary position is left-back and he’s signed an initial two-year deal with the club.
2) He was training at Arsenal’s academy in Greece before being offered a trial in North London, which led to the permanent move.
3) He used to play for Mas Kallitheakos, Kozani in Northern Greece.
4) He’ll go into the under-18 squad next season as he looks to progress to the under-21 side and eventually the first team.
5) He has played against Real Madrid’s youth team, where he impressed as Arsenal mulled over whether to offer him a trial.