Reports yesterday claimed Arsenal were the favourites for Paris Saint-German teenager Kingsley Coman.
The attacking midfielder had reportedly turned down a new offer from the French side, and looked set to depart with the Gunners reportedly offering a £1million compensation fee.
But for those fans wanting to know a little more about the player, here are five facts to get you started:
1) Coman was born in Paris in 1996. He began his youth career at Paris Saint-Germain in 2004.
2) The attacking midfield became the youngest player ever to turn out for PSG’s senior team when he made his debut against Sochaux, coming on as an 87th-minute substitute.
3) Last season Coman made two appearances in Ligue 1, both from the bench against Bordeaux and Montpellier.
4) He featured six times in the UEFA Youth League last season, scoring one goal against Anderlecht.
5) The midfielder has featured for France at every level from under-16 to under-19. He scored three goals in eight under-17 matches and one goal in five under-18 games.