The French national coach says he has moved on from the row following the dropping of Samir Nasri
Nasri scored eleven times on the way to City winning a Premier League and League Cup double last season, but was overlooked for selection by Deschamps.
Deschamps has claimed that Nasri could not find his club form when turning out for Les Blues, and that he has no regrets over his decision to leave him out.
“I watched his matches. He has a level of performance for his club and another in the French team,” Deschamps told L’Equipe.
“Like any national team coach, I have important choices to make. Sporting criteria are important, but they are not everything."
“I must not have any regrets. I have made my decision and we move on.
“Did Nasri upset me? There are different characters and personalities. I don’t take into account rumours or what has happened in the past.”
Nasri was dealt a further blow last Friday when star player Franck Ribery was ruled out of the World Cup through injury. Deschamps continued to snub the Manchester City man, and instead called upon Southampton midfielder Morgan Schneiderlin and Montpellier’s Remy Cabella as replacements.
The saga is another chapter in a rollercoaster career so far for Nasri, but having endured his best season as a professional footballer, the 26-year old must be dumbstruck with regard to his exclusion.
The snub means Nasri may never get to play at a World Cup, having also been overlooked for the 2010 tournament in South Africa. By Russia 2018 he will be at the tender age of 30, where he may not be able to offer his attacking prowess as effectively.
Should France do well over the next month, it may also secure Didier Deschamps future in the role of national coach, which would provide further bad news for Nasri.