Swansea City have reportedly bid for the Ajax striker, but what do you need to know about him?
But while Swans fans will have heard the news by now, who exactly is the player his current side are said to value at €9million?
Here are five facts to bring you up to speed on Garry Monk’s potential new front-man:
1) Born in Iceland in 1990, Sigthorsson began his youth career at Vikingur just six years later. He would later move to HK before finishing up his youth career at AZ Alkmaar.
2) Prior to his move to Holland, the forward had trials at Arsenal, while Real Madrid were also reportedly interested in him.
3) Sigthorsson played just one senior season at AZ before moving to Ajax for a reported €4.5million. Should he move to Swansea for the fee his club are currently seeking, that would see Ajax double their money in just three years.
4) The 24-year-old scored 12 goals and set up another two last season. With a contract until the summer of 2015, it would be no surprise if Ajax cashed-in now, given that this is the last summer where they are likely to command a substantial fee.
5) Swansea are not the only club reportedly interested in the player. Queens Park Rangers are also said to be interested in a forward who has netted 15 goals in 23 appearances for Iceland.