Arsenal’s chief scout Steve Rowley will advise Arsenal to keep a very close eye on Rodrigo Caio according to the Daily Mail.
The 20-year-old Brazilian shone in the recent Toulon tournament, before being crowned the competition’s best player.
The report concludes by claiming Arsenal are already plotting a move for the player at some point in the future. But what do you need to know about him?
Here are five facts to get you started:
1) Rodrigo Caio Coquette Russo – or Rodrigo for short – was born in Brazil in 1993. Now 20, he currently plays for Sao Paulo.
2) Predominantly a centre-back, Rodrigo can also play at right-back or as a central midfielder. A right-footed player, he began as a Sao Paulo youth player in 2005, first breaking into the senior side in 2011.
3) Last season Rodrigo made 40 appearances for his club, scoring three goals and providing one assist in that time.
4) Arguably his greatest moment to date was when he marked Neymar out of the game during a match against Santos in 2012.
5) With a contract until February 2016, and with the likely difficulty in securing a work permit, Arsenal may be wise to wait to sign a player who could prove to be invaluable in a number of positions if he continues his current trajectory.