32 days until the transfer window opens - All the latest gossip you need to know...
1) Rickie Lambert is expected to undergo a medical at Liverpool as soon as Saturday, report The Mail. The Southampton striker is close to completing a surprise £4 million move. Lambert is on England duty at present, and could be followed by more. Liverpool need further striking reinforcements to aid their push on multiple fronts next season and experienced Lambert is a different type of striker to Suarez and Sturridge. The Mail also link Adam Lallana, Dejan Lovren, Alberto Moreno, Xherdan Shaqiri and Emre Can as possible additions.
2) Sunderland have sealed the impressive signing of Wigan's Jordi Gomez, report ChronicleLive. The Spaniard joins on a free transfer having let his contract run down. Gomez brings Premier League experience and scored in the FA Cup semi-final against Arsenal earlier this year. Gomez had been at Wigan since 2009. The 29-year-old scored eight times and provided six assists in the Championship and Europa League last season.
3) Chelsea are linked with hijacking Manchester City's move for Mehdi Benatia of Roma, by The Express. The paper claim Chelsea want to offer €18 million plus Romelu Lukaku, a move which could land up being a big mistake for the club if the Belgian is used as a makeweight. City and Barcelona are strong candidates also for his signature, with Benatia unhappy at Roma's latest contract offer. Chelsea have also been linked with Real Madrid's Raphael Varane in recent days.
4) Bacary Sagna has confirmed he is leaving Arsenal, report ESPN. Sagna said talks with the Gunners did not go in the direction he wanted, and he needs a break from discussions over his future after the World Cup. He has been strongly linked with Manchester City, but says his exit from Arsenal is a 'certainty'. Teammate Lukasz Fabianski earlier confirmed a free transfer to Swansea City. The Mirror report that Arsenal have attempted to replace Sagna with Atletico Madrid right-back Juanfran but had a £9 million bid rejected.
5) Tottenham Hotspur striker Roberto Soldado is looking for a way out of the club, report Marca. The Spanish newspaper write that the Spaniard is so keen to leave that he is willing to take a pay cut to leave, with Atletico Madrid interested. Soldado disappointed in his debut season with Tottenham after a £26 million transfer from Valencia.
Manchester City striker Alvaro Negredo has emerged as an alternative transfer target for Atletico Madrid, who are likely to look to replace Chelsea-bound Diego Costa, write The Mirror. Negredo started the season superbly for City this campaign but tailed off towards the end. With Edin Dzeko also courted by clubs abroad, it's unlikely both would be allowed to leave despite any Financial Fair Play considerations City want to meet.