Transfer Clock: 40 days until the transfer window opens - All the latest gossip you need to know...
1) Reports linking Toni Kroos to Manchester United are accelerating again after The Mail reported tonight that the Red Devils have agreed a deal for the German international. The Express claimed similar yesterday, while ESPN said it had 'advanced'. Bayern have yet to comment on the rumours.
The Mail's report tonight claims a deal could be done for just £20 million, far less than prices reported previously. There is nothing in the report which makes it stand out as having fresh credible information, and United fans should beware it is simply late to the same information which was reported 24 hours earlier.
Bundesliga pundit and former Premier League footballer Jan Aage Fjortoft however refuted the talk earlier in the day via Twitter and then after the Mail's report was published, writing:
Re: Toni Kroos No new development in the "Kroos on Tour" - stories. Most likely: He stays at Bayern till 2015— Jan Aage Fjortoft (@JanAageFjortoft) May 21, 2014
Daily Mail say Bayern accepted a £20 mill bid for Kroos from Man UTD. No reports in Germany If true: Great news for #mufc fans Me: Doubt it— Jan Aage Fjortoft (@JanAageFjortoft) May 21, 2014
2) Liverpool are considering a bid for Swansea City striker Wilfried Bony, report The Metro, preparing to pay £18 million. Swansea however are likely to resist any offers after manager Garry Monk said 24 hours earlier that the striker, along with Michu, is not for sale. The same report claims Bayern Munich are keen on the Ivorian however, and the Champions League football on offer from both clubs could yet turn his head.
3) Forget Yaya Toure, another Manchester City star could be heading for an exit. The Star report that Edin Dzeko is wanted by Valencia, who have just been taken over by billionaire Peter Lim and are after big name signings. The report claims Valencia are willing to offer £20 million which would be a good price for the Premier League champions if they want to cash in on the Bosnian, but may be better off waiting for the World Cup, in case he has a successful tournament, and demand for his signature grows.
4) Midfield destroyer Sandro is keen on a switch to Serie A, according to his agent. The Brazilian fell out with Tim Sherwood at the end of last season, but the head coach's exit may yet give him more incentive to stay. Quotes reported by SkySports from his agent hinted there was much uncertainty at the club: "He would like to play in Serie A, it is a very important championship but now we have to wait to know if he can leave Tottenham or not."
5) Argentine attacker Mauro Zarate is said to be close to signing for West Ham, SkySports also report. The 27-year-old is in talks with the Hammers, after finishing the season in his homeland as top scorer, with 18 goals in 28 games. He currently plays for Velez Sarsfield after an extended time in Italy with Lazio and Inter Milan. Zarate once played for Birmingham City on loan, during the West Ham co-owners time in charge of the club.