Manchester United, Liverpool, Manchester City, Swansea City and Chelsea feature.
Transfer Clock: 41 days until the transfer window opens - All the latest gossip you need to know...
1) The Express claim Manchester United have agreed a deal for Toni Kroos, but don't be so sure. The basis for their report appears to be an ESPN report from earlier in the day, which claimed 'advances have been made' regarding United and Kroos, but Bayern Munich still do not want to sell and the saga could drag on beyond the World Cup. It went onto add that Cesc Fabregas and Arturo Vidal could yet be more likely alternatives.
2) United are also claimed to have long-term Liverpool target Yevhen Konoplyanka on their radar, the Mirror write. New manager Louis Van Gaal is to be asked to sanction a £12m bid for the Dnipro winger who Liverpool attempted to sign on deadline day in January. The deal would be an uncomfortable one for Liverpool, having missed out on Mohamed Salah to Chelsea, having been seen as lead contenders for his signature at one stage. The Mirror add that Luke Shaw could complete his transfer to United as soon as this week, with his family househunting in Manchester.
3) Yaya Toure remains at the centre of one of the most bizarre transfer stories of the summer so far, claiming to be upset at a lack of attention from Manchester City. A report last night claimed he was unhappy at his birthday not being celebrated, while his agent told SkySports he should have been given a car like Roberto Carlos once was by his club. Toure has backed his agent amid talk of a return to Barcelona, with Dmitri Seluk telling TalkSport that it is 50/50 he stays at Manchester City. The Premier League champions are said to be determined to keep the central midfielder.
4) Swansea City are determined to hang onto attacking talents Michu and Wilfried Bony, report Wales Online. Manager Garry Monk has been speaking about his determination to see them start next season up front for the Swans together, with the second half of Michu's season spoiled by injuries. Bony has been linked with Arsenal and Liverpool in recent days and is expected to feature for Ivory Coast at the World Cup.
5) Ashley Cole sees his future away from the Premier League, report The Mail, out of respect for the Blues. The left-back is highly regarded across Europe, and Real Madrid have been linked. Monaco and AC Milan are claimed to be interested by the paper. Monaco's interest would throw doubt over the future of French left-back Layvin Kurzawa, one of the more highly rated full-backs in Ligue 1, who has previously been linked with Manchester United.