Transfer Clock: 47 days until the transfer window opens - All the latest gossip you need to know...
1) Manchester United are ready to up their bid to £30 million for Luke Shaw, report The Guardian. United lodged a £27 million offer on Monday which appears to have been rejected. United are according to the paper, going to offer Shaw a wage of £100,000 a week, which would set a new record in English football for a wage paid to a teenager. Shaw is just 18-years-old. The offer will be submitted after Louis van Gaal's appointment is confirmed. Patrice Evra is likely to be allowed to leave the club as his contract winds down, meaning a new left-back for the Red Devils is a priority, and England international Shaw fits the bill both short-term and long-term.
2) Chelsea and Manchester City are battling to sign MK Dons midfielder Delle Alli, an England youth international. Alli is highly regarded and has previously been linked with a transfer to Liverpool. SkySports liken him in style to Steven Gerrard, and the 18-year-old is tipped to make his big switch this summer. Alli will find the chances of breaking through at Chelsea difficult, and may find himself shipped out on loan to aid his development.
3) Arsenal are being linked with re-signed Carlos Vela from Real Sociedad. The Mexican has a buy-back clause of just £3.8 million in his contract, and has become a top star in Spain since signing for the La Liga side, scoring 20 goals this season. Reports in Spain claim Arsenal have decided to activate the clause, and have been picked up by newspapers including The Mirror, but there is no confirmation from either club.
The second forward linked with a move to Arsenal is regular name Karim Benzema, with The Telegraph reporting the club are looking to act regarding the Real Madrid striker. The paper report Arsenal are looking to make their offer once Real Madrid's involvement in the Champions League Final is over. The game is played on May 24th. Benzema has just one year remaining on his contract at the Bernabeu. Real are said to be open to selling if they can acquire a top striker of their own.
4) Southampton's Morgan Schneiderlin is wanted by Italian side Napoli, write The Mirror. Rafa Benitez is a fan of the midfielder, who was a surprise name in France's preliminary international squad announced earlier this week. Arsenal have previously been linked with the Saints star, but with the club battling to keep Luke Shaw, Adam Lallana, and manager Mauro Pochettino, letting Schneiderlin go will not be a welcome proposition.
5) Chelsea's David Luiz is being lined up by Bayern Munich, report The Mail. Pep Guardiola has been critical of his side's defence in recent days, and Luiz' flexible style fits his philosophy. His former club Barcelona were reported earlier this week to have submitted an offer for Luiz, with this latest report claiming the German champions want to pay £25 million to sign him. Chelsea already have Kurt Zouma coming in to fill his potential departure, and have renewed John Terry for another year, but could choose to spend the money on another top prospect aimed at partnering Zouma long-term.