Transfer Clock: 48 days until the transfer window opens - All the latest gossip you need to know...
1) Liverpool could re-sign Javier Mascherano for as little as £9 million, according to a report in The Mirror. The Barcelona midfielder's agents are reportedly sounding out interest from English clubs, with Mascherano's preference claimed to be Liverpool. He is said to have turned his back on an opportunity to rejoin former coach Rafa Benitez at Napoli. The Express claim Arsenal and Manchester United are also keen, although the Argentine's previous allegiance to Liverpool will surely rule out the Red Devils.
2) The Telegraph report that Marouane Fellaini is one of the Manchester United players whose future at Old Trafford is at risk, despite just one season at the club. The Belgian signed last summer for £27 million but has disappointed, and was not even included in the squad for Ryan Giggs' first game in temporary charge. There is no present interest in the midfielder, but the paper describe Fellaini's 'disastrous' season as placing him on the possible exit list with the likes of Patrice Evra, Ashley Young, Nani, Tom Cleverley and even Shinji Kagawa. United would however have to take a big loss on Fellaini, and the decision will rest on the preferences of their next permanent manager.
3) Chelsea are keen to sign Hoffenheim midfielder Roberto Firmino, who is coming off the back of a sensational season at the club. The Brazilian scored 16 goals and provided 11 assists for the unheralded Bundesliga side, and signed a new contract just two months ago. Firmino had been previously linked with Liverpool, and has been one of the best players of the season in Germany at just 22-years-old. The Metro claim the Blues are planning to offer £15 million.
4) Joe Cole will leave West Ham at the end of the season, after confirming this evening to Talksport he is seeking a new club. The former Chelsea and Liverpool attacker is a free agent in July, and says he wants to take his time to find the right club. A previous spell on loan with Lille may hint at a willingness to move abroad if the right opportunity presents itself. Cole, 32, made just 20 appearances in the Premier League this season, scoring three goals but failing to provide a single assist.
5) Arsenal loanee Emiliano Viviano could be set to continue his stay in England, but with Brighton and Hove Albion instead. The goalkeeper is on loan from Palermo but has failed to make a single appearance for the Gunners this campaign. Italian website Tuttomercato report that Brighton have enquired with Palermo as to bringing him aboard next season to boost their hopes of promotion to the Premier League next season, after two seasons of consecutive play-off semi-final losses.