As is often the case on the final day of the season, some younger players were given places in match-day squads across the country. One such player was John Swift, who found himself on the Chelsea bench for their match against Cardiff City.
But who exactly is Swift? Well, here are five facts to get you started:
1) Swift is a 19-year-old central midfielder who likes to get forward. He has played a big role in the Blues' successful under-21 Premier League campaign, scoring nine goals and setting up seven more in 21 appearances.
2) The teenager joined Chelsea as an under-14 and along with Lewis Baker has been making waves at Stamford Bridge. He signed his first professional contract in the summer of 2012.
3) Swift really shone in the UEFA Youth League this season, scoring six goals in seven games and setting up three for his teammates.
4) Born in Portsmouth in June 1995, he has gone on to represent his country at every level from under-16 to under-19.
5) Despite being known as a box-to-box midfielder, Swift can also operate as a right-back, and has played in that position for England’s under-19s twice this season.