Chelsea and Liverpool are both showing an interest in Fenerbahçe’s Caner Erkin, according to the Metro.
The midfielder is out of contract with the Turkish side this summer and his agent is already said to be receiving queries from interested parties, with both Premier League outfits enquiring about his availability.
Here are five things you may not have known about the 25-year-old:
1) The 25-year-old comes with a good amount of experience behind him, having been on the books at Manisaspor and CSKA Moscow before his move to Fenerbahçe in 2010. He also enjoyed a loan spell at Galatasaray in the 2009/10 season, where he played under Frank Rijkaard.
2) He is a versatile left-back who can also play on the in a more attack left-wing role. He has provided the second highest number of assists in the Super League this season, creating ten goals in total, while he has added a further two strikes himself.
3) The 25-year-old lifted the Turkish Cup for the second year running and played an important role in Fenerbahçe reaching the Europa League semi-finals last season. This term his side have been crowned domestic league champions.
4) Erkin made his debut for the Turkish national football team at the age of 17 in a friendly match against Ghana in May 2006. He has since made 26 appearances for his country, scoring on two occasions.
5) He wears the number 88 for Fenerbahçe – surely he will not get much competition for that shirt at either Anfield or Stamford Bridge.