Satisfied - 72% of Arsenal fans would be happy with Remy signing

Loic Remy

Arsenal reads of the Daily Mail have suggested they'd be happy if the club signed Loic Remy in the summer.

A poll on the Daily Mail website has suggested that roughly three quarters of Arsenal fans would be happy if Arsene Wenger signed Queens Park Rangers forward Loic Remy this summer.

The French striker is valued at around £12 million, firmly within what Arsenal can afford, and has been suggested as a versatile target who could come in and bolster the club’s attacking options this summer.

At the time of writing, 72% said they would be happy if Remy moved to the Emirates Stadium this summer with the other 28% that took part suggesting Arsenal need to be aiming higher next season.

With QPR looking to cash in on the forward this summer, there is a gap and opportunity for Arsenal to pull off a deal but he wouldn’t represent the marquee, high profile signing that some Gunners fans have been calling for this season.

So what would he add and what would he improve, if anything?

The stats suggest he’s not too far off current Arsenal front man Olivier Giroud in terms of goals and assists.

  ClubPosGoal AssistGoalsAccurate PassAppsMins
Olivier Giroud Arsenal FW 7 16 744 35 3,007
Loïc Remy Newcastle FW 3 14 472 26 2,103
Lukas Podolski Arsenal FW 2 8 480 19 1,082

Bear in mind Remy has played fewer Premier League games this season in a side that doesn’t have the same reputation as Arsenal for a slick brand of pass and move football.

He’d also be a good signing for one of his simple physical attributes; pace.

One of the reasons which has been suggested for Mesut Ozil’s dip in form over the second half of this season is that the midfield maestro hasn’t had the pace in attack to feed with his creativity.

Remy certainly has that in spades and would be well suited to playing on the shoulder of the opposition’s defence, looking to race into the space left between the back four and the goalkeeper.

Recent reports have suggested that Arsene Wenger is looking for two strikers this summer, a big name on top of a deal for Remy would leave Arsenal in a great position next season.

FIFA World Cup 2018FIFA 2018 World Cup Russia - click here for all of our coverage...

Register for ARSENAL team updates

Register for HITC Sport - Daily Dispatch