Below are 10 interesting facts about this weekend’s rounds of matches in the English top flight.
Ahead of this weekend’s round of fixtures in the Premier League, we bring you the 10 most astounding facts and stats, courtesy of Opta.
2) Newcastle United are set to finish in mid-table despite having lost their last six league matches. However, had the Premier League season started on December 27, then the Magpies would be bottom of the standings.
3) No English player has scored for Newcastle in the Premier League since James Perch on Boxing Day 2012.
4) Manchester City's Yaya Toure needs just one more goal to become only the second central midfielder to score 20+ goals in a Premier League season.
5) City’s away form at the start of the season was called into question. However, since the start of December, Manuel Pellegrini’s side have taken more points away from home (27) than any other team.
6) Arsenal last failed to score in a Premier League game in May back in 2009.
7) The four teams immediately below 15th-placed West Bromwich Albion in the standings have won more games than them this campaign.
8) Eden Hazard has created more goalscoring chances than any other player in the Premier League in 2013-14 (87).
9) Fernando Torres and Ricky van Wolfswinkel could come face-to-face when Chelsea host Norwich City at Stamford Bridge on Sunday. Both have been huge disappointments this campaign and have managed a combined 25 shots on target between them in the league.
10) Liverpool have won 44 points in 2014, one more than their Monday night opponents Crystal Palace have picked up all season.