While most eyes were drawn to the surprising inclusion of Tomas Kalas in Chelsea’s starting line-up for their match against Liverpool, there was also a big shock on the bench, with Lewis Baker included in the match-day squad.
For those fans wanting to know a little more about him, here are five facts:
1) Baker is a 19-year-old midfielder who operates predominantly in the centre of the field. He can, however, play on either flank when required.
2) He has been a youth player at Chelsea since 2005 and made his senior debut for the Blues in the FA Cup third-round match against Derby County back in January – coming off the substitutes’ bench for the last four minutes of the game.
3) Baker has been prolific at under-21 level this season, scoring 11 goals in 20 under-21 league appearances and finding the net five times in just eight UEFA Youth League games.
4) The teenager regularly runs the midfield for the young Blues team and is held in very high regard at Stamford Bridge. He also inspired the Blues to the 2012 FA Youth Cup triumph, scoring in the final.
5) Baker has represented England at both under-17 and under-19 level and for the latter age-group he currently has six goals in 11 games.