Barcelona were handed a temporary reprieve when their transfer ban was deferred this week, and the rumours have already started up.
The most extravagant and unlikely claim of the day came via Catalan newspaper Sport, which remarkably linked Mesut Ozil with a switch to the Nou Camp.
Ozil is a player Barcelona know well, having played for their arch rivals Real Madrid even just this season, prior to making a shock deadline day switch to Arsenal. In 16 games against Barcelona, Ozil has one goal and seven assists.
Record signing Ozil has struggled for consistency at the Gunners, but is believed to be happy in London and keen to kick on.
Moving back to Spain and angering Madrid fans by signing for their competitors, is not thought to be on his radar.
While the 30 million price put forward by the newspaper is also highly unlikely, as it would mean Arsenal taking a heavy loss on the German after just a season at the club.
This is one signing which belongs firmly in the Transfer Bin, but it seems several Barcelona fans are not particularly keen either on signing Ozil.
Here's a selection of comments left on the article in Sport from fans, discussing the proposed transfer:
* "Please Ozil makes just one good game out of 4. Please. In Spain there are good players like Rakitic, etc., or do not you Madrid want to sign them?"
* "He can change for Cesc, a total blanket."
* "Well it seems to me the ideal replacement Xavi in midfield, in addition to knows that last pass that is vital, I think a total success."
* "It would not be a bad signing, but would not be optimal. They need to bring someone hungry skilful, Pogba."
* "Good player. But these moments go by Kroos, I see it more complete than Özil. And if you look backwards, Antoine Griezmann seems to me would be a great bet."
* "Yeah right and luis suarez and pele and maradona god and all.. we have to be realistic and see what we have at home is the empty box."
* "From Arsenal we should sign Ramsey, not Ozil."
* "Arsenal no more, neither one who comes to is us no good."
* "Petit, Overmars, Song, Fabregas, Overmars, Petit ... and you want to continue subsidizing the Arsenal who made a Camp Nou with our money. Or given away."
* "And we will continue tumbling, Özil is nothing more than a blown fuse, was in Madrid and Arsenal I confirm, it should not come today or ever, urges more a change in the policy, because if we will not live a very dark and full of trouble and no obvious season titles ..."
* "For if it were true, it would seem to me me very well. It was a big mistake Madrid discard this player."
* "Seems to me an interesting player to come but if it is for 30 but for me the first option should be Reus."
* "We will have to pay holidays and travel this dude is believed to be a celebrity and not a player."