David Moyes’ men have been linked with the Heerenveen winger – here is all you need to know about him.
Manchester United have been linked with a host of new players ahead of the summer transfer market, with David Moyes expected to have a rejuvenated contingent to work with from next term.
Although the likes of Toni Kroos and Luke Shaw have been named as potential major targets, there are also a few not-as-well known names being touted.
“That doesn’t affect me much,” the youngster told Leeuwarder Courant when quizzed about United’s reported interest in him.
“If Galatasaray really come then of course I would start thinking. But that is not yet on the agenda.”
But who is Basacikoglu and could he be a wildcard for United this summer?
- Basacikoglu is a 19-year-old old attacker that has been impressing in the Eredivisie with Heerenveen this season.
- Born in Holland, Basacikoglu is son to a Turkish father and Moroccan mother. He has represented the land of his birth at under-18 and under-19 level.
- The teenager has started 18 games for Heerenveen this season, scoring five goals for the club.
- He is rated between €750,000 and €1.5 million
- He largely plays as a left winger but can also play in attack.
- His ability is clear for all to see here, with the youngster scoring a fantastic goal in a 2-2 draw against NAC Breda earlier this year.