Jeremy Menez has had a tough go of things at this season at PSG but nonetheless has appeared a much sought after player for clubs around Europe.
The Frenchman underwent surgery over the summer and failed to become a regular under new boss Laurent Blanc upon his return, making only 11 Ligue 1 appearances to date.
And Menez admitted on Monday that he will be moving on this summer with no progress on a renewal for his expiring contract.
“I’m at the end of my contract, and we haven’t been able to reach an agreement,” he told Canal +. “So it’s going to be difficult to stay.
“For my good, I have to get back onto the pitch, enjoy myself and get my confidence back.
“I still have objectives to achieve. For that, I think I’m going to have to leave.”
The good news for Menez is that suitors haven’t been short for despite his struggles for minutes this term.
Arsenal and Liverpool have each been linked with his name, both on the market for a quality addition out wide in attack.
Serie A clubs have been queuing up too, with AC Milan and Juventus thought to be interested. Menez said days ago that returning to Italy would be an attractive option - he already knows the language and league well from his time at AS Roma.
And whilst the 26-year-old announced his likely departure from the French capital on Monday, it seems his future may already be decided.
Swiss outlet Infoticker.ch has reported that Juventus have won the race for Menez’s signature.
There website claims that he has been offered a contract running until 2019 in Turin - joining for free, of course, after his terms with PSG run out in June.
Menez previously cited Juventus as a club he likes, and the Bianconeri are known bargain-hunters on the transfer market - just look to Paul Pogba, Fernando Llorente and Andrea Pirlo.
So there is a solid chance Arsenal and Liverpool may indeed be out of luck here. The deal seems to fit the modus operandi of both Menez and Juventus.
Infoticker allege that an official announcement is imminent, so if reports are genuine we’ll know soon enough if the Gunners and Reds did indeed miss out on getting the €14m-rated international for nothing.