The Metro reports Spurs are favourites ahead of Liverpool to sign promising midfielder Onazi at the end of the season. The 21-year-old has been an exciting prospect in Serie A this season and has caught the eye of many clubs with his performances.
It is thought Tottenham's director of football Franco Baldini, has already made contact with Lazio about a possible move in the summer and he could be available for £8 million.
Here are five facts about Ogenyi Onazi:
1) Onazi was born on Christmas day in 1992 in Nigeria.
2) He has 18 caps for Nigeria with his debut coming against Liberia in 2012. He scored his first goal for The Super Eagles in his second match against Venezuela.
3) Lazio are his first professional club but previously represented My People in Nigeria; a club founded by a prophet in the country called T.B Joshua who created the club to help develop young footballers.
4) Ogenyi has already played at White Hart Lane once before when his Lazio side played out a 0-0 draw with Spurs last season in the Europa League.
5) Despite just being 21, Onazi already has two major honours to his name. He won the African Cup of Nations with Nigeria last year and the Coppa Italia with Lazio last season.