Manchester United are reportedly close to signing the teenager when his current deal with FC Zurich expires.
While most of the recent headlines surrounding Manchester United’s summer transfer business have focused on the superstar-signings David Moyes has reportedly identified, he is also likely to continue the club’s impressive youth recruitment.
Here are five facts about the player:
1) Mfomo is a 16-year-old Swiss-born attacking midfielder who currently plays for FC Zurich under-18s. If that club sounds familiar, it is because United signed another starlet, Saidy Janko, from Zurich last summer. Janko has since impressed for United’s under-21 side and is tipped for a big future at the club.
2) Mfomo is close to the end of his current deal, meaning he can leave for a low compensation fee in the summer.
3) While Mfomo is predominantly an attacking midfielder he can also operate either as a second striker or as a loan target man.
4) The teenager has seven caps for Switzerland’s under-15s, for whom he has scored two goals. He also has three caps for his country’s under-16s, and has netted on one occasion.
5) United were one of a number of top clubs who have been monitoring the player, but despite that considerable interest it is being reported that he has chosen Old Trafford as his next destination.
image: © Blogsession