Tottenham are being tipped to complete a move for Anderlecht's Ismail Azzaoui.
Tottenham Hotspur have been linked with a move for Ismail Azzaoui after the youngster rejected the chance to stay at Belgian club Anderlecht.
Spurs are reportedly leading the race out of all the sides linked with Azzaoui and Anderlecht’s head of development has confirmed he’s aware of the stories suggesting Tottenham’s interest.
“When players become 16 we offer them a development plan and later a financial plan. We aren't going to change our way of working. We've heard Spurs are interested in Azzaoui and it's the player's right to make a choice,” said Jean Kindermans.
Here’s a little more about him.
1) He’s 16-years-old and can play down either side of the midfield.
2) He’s already played for Belgium at two levels of international football; under-15 and under-16. He has one goal for the under-16 side.
3) That goal came against England in the recent UEFA Development Tournament at St George’s Park.
4) He’s developed through the same academy system that produced current Manchester United first team star Adnan Januzaj.
5) He would become the fourth Belgian to move to Tottenham following Mousa Dembele, Jan Vertonghen and Nacer Chadli.
image: © StartAgain