Triumphant return of the stealth franchise which knocks The Lego Movie off the top spot.
Despite this retail success, critical reception of the title has been mixed, with many reviewers comparing it unfavourably to last year’s stealth FPS Dishonoured.
The Lego Videogame as slid one spot to second place, representing a sales drop of -33%, while FIFA 14 also drops a place to come in third.
Representing the second of three new titles in the top ten, Plants Vs Zombies: Garden Warfare has debuted on Xbox 360 and Xbox One at number four, followed by Battlefield 4, Lego Marvel Super Heroes, Minecraft: Xbox 360 and Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag in that order.
Closing off the top ten was the third new title of the week, Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2, with the title receiving a critical response from games reviewers garnering it a Metacritic rating of 62%.
Chart-Track's UK software sales chart follows:
- The Lego Movie Videogame
- FIFA 14
- Plants Vs Zombies: Garden Warfare
- Call of Duty: Ghosts
- Battlefield 4
- Lego Marvel Super Heroes
- Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition
- Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag
- Castlevania: Lord of Shadow 2
- Grand Theft Auto V
- Rayman Legends
- Tales of Symphonia: Chronicles
- Need for Speed: Rivals
- Gran Turismo 6
- Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
- Aliens: Colonial Marines:
- Lego Batman 2: DC Super Heroes
- WWE 2K14
- Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga
image: © Square Enix