PSV Eindhoven’s young full-back Santiago Arias has been linked with a move to Old Trafford.
According to The Mirror, Santiago Arias has become a target for David Moyes.
Manchester United’s current right-back is Brazilian Rafael, however recent poor performances have cast doubts over his future.
The Mirror report that the Red Devils’ European scouts have gone over to Holland to take a further look at the PSV youngster, as his impressive displays have certainly caught the attention of the current United boss.
But what do Manchester United fans know about the Colombian international?
Here are five facts about him…
1) Santiago Arias is a 22-year-old right-back who joined PSV from Sporting CP for a reported €1.6m deal which included midfielder Stijn Schaars also joining the Dutch club.
2) Arias was born on 13 January 1992 in Medellin, Colombia, and was known at a young age to have exceptional pace.
3) He participated for the Colombian U20 side which won the 2011 Toulon Tournament, defeating France 3-1 in a penalty shootout in the final after drawing 1-1 after 120 minutes.
4) He made his full international debut during the 2014 World Cup Qualifying match against Paraguay, playing the full 90 minutes and helping the team to a vital 2-1 victory.
5) The attacking right-back has accurately completed 15 of 50 attempted crosses so far this campaign – a better average than fullbacks Evra, Rafael and Buttner as well as wingers Young, Nani and Valencia.
Watch him in action for Colombia against Belgium in a recent friendly here:
image: © chilangoco