Rumours this morning suggested an announcement was imminent regarding the future of Manchester United manager David Moyes.
After his side lost 2-0 in the first-leg of their last-16 Champions League tie against Olympiakos on Tuesday evening, Talk Sport present Andy Goldstein tweeted the rumour that the New York Stock Exchange had been told Moyes had been sacked - although he added the caveat that he did not know if there was any truth to the claim.
Since then, journalist Rob Harris has also taken to Twitter to respond to the latest whispers, and he has stated that United have made no such announcement in relation to David Moyes.
Given the former Everton boss's long-term contract, the need for considerable squad restructuring and the fact that he has recently signed Juan Mata and agreed a long-term deal with Wayne Rooney, the chance of Moyes leaving Old Trafford now is highly unlikely.
Below are the two tweets in question:
Re: Moyes. Man United have made no announcement to the New York Stock Exchange today, or any announcement— Rob Harris (@RobHarris) February 26, 2014
Don't know how true but NYSE apparently been told Moyes has been sacked.— Andy Goldstein MBE (@andygoldstein05) February 26, 2014
image: © Jon Candy