This all seems a bit like déjà vu with the top English clubs being linked with a 17-year-old Croatian superstar. This time however it is not Alen Halilovic, but instead his teammate at Dinamo Zagreb, Robert Muric.
Both have caught the eyes of top European clubs, and earlier this week Barcelona had a bid rejected for Halilovic according to Sky Sports. Premier League clubs are hoping to steal a march on their European rivals in the hunt for Muric however.
Here a five facts about Robert Muric:
1) The 17-year-old plays predominantly as a striker but can also play on the right wing.
2) His contract with Dinamo Zagreb runs out at the end of the season, and he has refused to discuss a new deal.
3) Ajax were thought to be leading the chase for the wonderkid and it had been suggested that Muric had given the Dutch club his word that he would join them. However Technical Director at the club, Marc Overmars said "Muric is wanted by many clubs - everybody wants him. He really is a great talent and will be a free agent in the summer. But he is not yet ours."
4) Muric played for Croatia in the Under-17 World Cup last summer, scoring one goal in three matches.
5) Manchester United were linked with signing him in January in a cut price deal for £300,000.
There is sure to be plenty of attempts between now and the summer by clubs hoping to tempt Muric to join them rather than one of his other admirers. Luka Modric could be the ace in the pack for Tottenham Hotspur having enjoyed a spell at White Hart Lane himself following a move from Dinamo Zagreb. Perhaps Spurs will be asking him to have a word with Muric.
image: © firepower23