Reports suggest that Manchester City have a deal in place to sign Bruno Zuculini in the summer
The Manchester Evening News have reported that Manchester City will complete a £1.5 million deal for the Racing Club midfielder. The 20-year-old Argentinian has been impressing in his homeland since making his debut for Racing aged just 16.
The club's president Victor Blanco has admitted that Zuculini will depart and join City in the summer. "Every season Racing puts together a side to battle for the title, and then nothing happens," he said. "So we wanted to keep the side and reinforce it.
"But we have several highly coveted gems, such as Luciano Vietto, Rodrigo De Paul and Bruno Zuculini, who has already signed an agreement to leave in June to join Manchester City."
Here are five facts about Bruno Zuculini:
1) He is yet to represent the senior national side, but he has played eight times and scored twice for the Argentine U-20 side.
2) Zuculini would not require a work permit to play for City as he already possesses an Italian passport.
3) He has made 79 appearances for Racing Club since making his debut as a 16-year-old.
4) His brother Franco, also plays football in Argentina as a defensive midfielder. The 23-year-old plays for Arsenal de Sarandi and has had spells at Genoa, Hoffeinheim, and Real Zaragoza.
5) Despite predominatly being a defensive midfielder, he chips in with a few goals as well. He has scored 4 goals in 14 appearances this season. Here his one of his more pleasing goals:
With Jack Rodwell and Javi Garcia not featuring much in Manuel Pellegrini's plans, Zuculini could find himself as the back-up for Yaya Toure and Fernandinho offering a strong defensive option, whilst also being able to play the box-to-box role.
image: © geetarchurchy