News, views and rumours relating to Manchester United in the past 24 hours.
Manchester United drew 0-0 with Arsenal at the Emirates on Wednesday night.
Manager David Moyes is still ‘eyeing’ a top four finish for United who presently sit 7th place in the Premier League 11 point behind Liverpool after last night’s draw.
"If there is one club who have been great at winning games in the second half of the season, and putting pressure on the teams above, it is Manchester United," the Scot said.
"We will continue to do that and try to make it work. We can only do our job the best we can.”
The boss explained his substitution of Juan Mata in the late stages of the game at the Emirates and Moyes stated the club record signing has been their ‘best player’ since arriving in January.
Juan Mata insists he doesn’t mind where the manager plays him and expressed his contentment just to be included in the side.
"Throughout my career I have played on the left, on the right and just behind the striker," Mata said.
"I don't mind playing anywhere the manager tells me."
David Moyes has taken the squad on a trip to Dubai training camp which the club record signing hopes can rejuvenate their season.
"We are going to rest a bit, train as a group and prepare ourselves for the rest of the season," he revealed.
"Once we come back from this mini break hopefully we will win many matches."
In transfer news, The Telegraph reports that club owners the Glazer family have promised Moyes £100 million in funding for transfers this summer.
Club chief executive Ed Woodward stated their plans to “move in the market in a way we haven’t seen in recent years”.
Meanwhile, Paris Saint-Germain striker Edinson Cavani has been the ‘subject of a transfer enquiry’ reportedly made by Manchester United. According to The Metro the Uruguayan forward is being ‘sounded out’ for a switch to Old Trafford.
In other news, the club will be boosted by TV and sponsorship deals that saw their revenues rise 11.6% last year in 2013 with commercial sales up by 18.8% on the same period in 2012 with broadcast revenues rising by 18.7%.
Liverpool striker Luis Suarez has stated Patrice Evra’s claims of racist abuse were ‘all false’. The Uruguayan Reds frontman was banned for eight games by the FA and fined £40,000 in December 2011 after being found guilt of racially abusing the United vice-captain.
"The case with Evra was all false. I was accused without proof. But that's in the past. I was sad at that moment, but I'm happy today. I have grown up. I have thought more about things before doing them,” Suarez said.
Finally, an appeal has been made to restore the grave of former Manchester United winger John Peden who is attributed with making the first connections between Ireland and Manchester United.
image: © jikatu