United morning news: Barcelona fail in bid for reported United target

Old Trafford 3

A select round-up of news relating to Manchester United

It was another disappointing results for Manchester United on Sunday, despite the fact that they dominated the match in practically every area – apart from goals scored.

The 2-2 draw leaves the reigning champions a long way off fourth-place Liverpool in the race for the Champions League.

Speaking after the match, David Moyes told the BBC, “The players are hurting. They hurt because results aren’t going the way they want.”

They certainly are not, but having burst back against Fulham, United really should have seen out the match, pushing for a third rather than sitting back and allowing Fulham back into the game.

Robin van Persie even had the opportunity to put the game to bed before Darren Bent equalised.

In other news, Sky Sports reports that Dinamo Zagreb have rejected an offer from Barcelona for Alen Halilovic.

The 17-year-old winger is reportedly a target for both United and Tottenham Hotspur, while Arsenal have also previously been linked.

Reports over the weekend suggested a delegation from the La Liga side were set to offer Dinamo a package for the young player that could reach €15million after add-ons.

But Dinamo’s vice-president Zdravko Mamic said that while an initial offer had been turned down, “The story does not stop there. Barcelona still want the transfer to happen so we will see how everything will continue.

“We would like to see Halilovic at our club for at least three years.”

image: © Gordon Flood

Register for MANCHESTER UNITED team updates

Register for HITC Sport - Daily Dispatch